Slumberjack: My Favourite Tunes
Words by Scenewave Australia - Published on September 30, 2014
Slumberjack are incoming. And BOY, have they hit the ground running. The Perth duo have been making waves all around the country with their banging tunes – a uniquely blended mix of dark tones with upbeat glitchiness, which is setting them apart from so many in the recent Australian-electronic-music baby boom. They’ve been on tour all month, leaving a blazing trail of smoke and destruction behind them….. well, maybe not, but they sure have been firing up dance-floors wherever they go.
Anyway, we wanted to get to know them a little better, so we asked them what their favourite songs were. With tastes as diverse (and awesome) as this, it is absolutely no surprise that these guys have such a cool sound.
SLUMBERJACK: MY FAVOURITE TUNES
1. My favourite track to wake up to is… Erik Satie – Gymnopedie No. 1. It is actually our tour alarm tone. Such calming opening chords, it’s almost like smelling the aroma of bacon in the air when you wake up.
2. The best track for cooking is: MGMT – Electric Feel. Something about the alternating 6/4 and 4/4 bars makes it very bouncy to cook to.
3. The best track for spring cleaning is…. Clipping – Work Work (feat. Cocc Pistol Cree). Gotta get that work work done done ya know?
4. The ultimate road trip track is… Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Under The Bridge. Nothing makes me want to wind down the windows more than this track.
5. My favourite love song is…. The Script – For The First Time. Might be a bit cheesy to most, but you can’t deny that feeling when listening to this song in your (at least our) teen years.
6. The best track for sweet love makin’ is… Justin Timberlake’s ‘FutureSex/LoveSounds’. Don’t think we have to explain why. Such funky synth bassline right thurrr.
7. The track that always gets the party started is… Disclosure – You & Me (Baauer Remix). When we heard this in the studio for the first time, we looked at each other and did the ‘oooOooo’ at the same time.
8. The best track to wind down a crowd is… Keys N Krates – All The Time (Tove Lo Flip). This is perfect for a chill out to bring things back down to Earth after we get carried away and play too many intense tracks in a row.
9. My favourite drunken karaoke track is…. Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody. Hands down one the greatest records of all time, GALILEO, galileo.
10. I love going to sleep listening to… Ludovico Einaudi. Pretty much all his music is prime drift-off-to-sleep material.
11. I can’t stop dancing when I hear…. Anything from Mr. Carmack. Somehow every track of his tickles our brain balls.
WHAT’S THAT? You wanna listen to what Slumberjack listen to?
Well, that’s awesome, cos we’ve made a playlist just for you!